LOVE...AGAIN?

I have given my love, yet again, to someone who can barely contain it
I have given my heart, yet again, to someone who barely knows to receive it
I have given him the power to weaken my knees
Form hurricanes of butterflies
Swirling, fluttering, dipping deep beneath my veins
Into that space, that quiet core
That weightless chamber that holds the sore
A throbbing vortex of visceral flesh
Blowing Hot& Cold
Tasting Sour to bittersweet

I have given my love, once again,
Caught by surprise like an insouciant, unwise
Inexperienced, trembling, aching
To feel it made tangible
I have given my body, once again, as communion wafer,
Each breath a rich sensual aether
An ethereal lever
On which every kiss and caress is a frenetic emotional expressway for the Gods to decipher



This love cuts deep triggers the nerves and hurts like pain
This pain is excruciating joy exploding into a phantasmagoria of euphoria
An aria sung in Science Fiction fantasy Induced to slow motion by special effects to express
That release from fear
Pure unrefined, divined vulnerability  
A gasp, gagging, giggling from ear to ear
The soul soaked sweetness of loving being laid bare

I have given my heart, again, and he ticks every right box
I have given my love, again, and I am out foxed in a paradox
I have swept aside his well constructed façade
I have pierced his soul so deep he is reeling
Grasping at old statutes and statues
Pillars that once held him steady
Foundations now crumbling fast
I withhold no answers
I am left speechless at last
I am drawn, possessed, towards this man
I have surrendered to be at his beck and call
But can he do the same and give it his all?

I have fallen in love, again, and all is not lost
I am falling in love with so much to gain
He has fallen in love with so much to lose but a lifetime to gain
I hope he chooses well
I hope he chooses courageously
I hope he manifests a destiny of truth and authenticity
For I know too well
He might shrink in the face of adversity
And leave me standing there, fast
As I was in singular, stoic, solidarity
With loneliness

So with this poem and in this prose
I invoke the charm and sorcery of imagination
To bequeath me life’s one true gift
Inspiration to give me meaning and my life a lift
Eros’s love from this man, I
To the man that is my Beloved, my Champion and my Protector
The man in my corner
My man like no any other

My Man, My Love, My Heart

Comments

Popular Posts